Profile: Commercial Disputes
Adam has a strong commercial dispute practice relating to many different types of commercial contracts including banking and other finance agreements, sale and carriage of goods, IT, business sale agreements and joint ventures. He specialises in disputes involving securities, fraud and/or real property elements. He is particularly experienced in dealing with cases involving cross-border issues, injunctive relief and complex asset recovery issues.
Cases and Work of Note
- Advising an Italian Bank in relation to the construction of the ISDA Master Agreement in an interest rate swap case.
- Advising an Iraqi Bank as to its rights under the scheme of arrangement relating to the English assets of another Iraqi Bank
- A £6 million tracing claim involving the transfers of assets out of a building company to avoid paying tax.
- Re Cains Beer Company PLC: representing a Brewery Company in a substantial claim against its former directors for breach of fiduciary duty
- Gatecrasher Holdings Limited v Inmobil: a claim involving a guarantee given in relation to commercial property in Ibiza. The underlying debt was subject to Spanish law but the guarantee to English law giving rise to some complicated questions as to jurisdiction.
- Re Hellas Telecommunications: cross-border dispute involving substantial issue of privilege in relation to a company and the financial advice it had sought.