| Call 1995
Profile: Banking and Financial Services
Recommended by Legal 500 as a leading junior, Chris deals with all manner of litigation involving financial institutions including litigation emanating from loan agreements, guarantees and other financial documentation. His background as a derivatives trader makes him an effective choice in such disputes.
Typical recent cases:
- Woodson v Credit Suisse (2016): Chris is acting for the defendant bank in a £1 million foreign currency mortgage mis-selling claim and the enforcement of the bank’s charge.
- SHG-SH20 v Brown Shipley & KBL (2015-2016): Chris is acting for two banks defending a £40 million breach of duty and conspiracy claim and the bank’s counterclaim under a guarantee.
- Axiom v Ingrams (2015-2016): Chris is acting for a litigation funder in a £5 million claim against a solicitors’ practice under a loan facility agreement.
- Invaro (2014-2015): Chris acted for the claimant company in a number of £ multi-million claims for repayment of inadequately documented loans.
- Invaro (on-going): claim relating to an inadequately documented multi-million pound loan.