| Call 2014
Profile: Wills and Estates
Jonathan’s experience in disputes concerning wills and estates includes:
- A three day trial in the County Court representing an adult child claimant under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- An application for an interim injunctions in the High Court, on behalf of a claimant seeking to preserve the assets of an estate on the ground that a grant of letters of administration had been obtained on a false basis
- Applications in the High Court to remove caveats entered against wills, placing the onus on the caveator to bring probate proceedings.
- Advice on making and defending challenges to wills on grounds including revocation by destruction, forgery, undue influence, lack of capacity and want of knowledge and approval.
- Advice on issues of domicile and conflicts of laws where the maker of a will in Scotland had since moved to England and married and purchased property in England.