Profile: Commercial Disputes
Experience and Expertise
Kate has considerable experience of litigating commercial disputes. Typically, Kate’s commercial work will involve civil fraud, asset recovery and freezing injunctions, loan and finance agreements, guarantees and indemnities, agency and partnerships. Kate has also drafted innumerable contracts, agreements and related documentation for a broad spectrum of business and commercial clients.
Cases of Note
- Szepietowski v The National Crime Agency  3 WLR 1250 (Important Supreme Court decision on the limits of the equitable doctrine of marshalling)
- SOCA-v-Szepietowski litigation 2009-11(proceeds of crime, civil recovery orders, the equitable doctrine of marshalling)
-  EWCA Civ 856, Court of Appeal
-  EWHC 2570, Henderson J
-  EWHC 1560, Times 26 August 2009, Henderson J
-  EWHC 344,  4 All ER 393, Henderson J
-  EWHC 655, Henderson J
For Kate’s extensive directory entries and recommendations, please click on Overview Profile.