| Call 2013
Nick has particular expertise in the field of pensions in the regulatory context, with considerable experience of advising the Pensions Regulator on a range of matters. He is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
Representative instructions include:
- The Pensions Regulator v various targets – acting as sole counsel for the Pensions Regulator in relation to the use of the Regulator’s moral hazard powers
- The Pensions Regulator v Payae Ltd and others  EWHC 36 (Ch) – £13.7m pension scam case concerning the use of the Regulator’s powers under section 16 of the Pensions Act 2004 to claim restitution in respect of occupational pension scheme assets which had been misused or misappropriated (led by Jonathan Hilliard QC)
- The Pensions Regulator v X – representing (as sole counsel) the Regulator before the Regulator’s Determinations Panel involving the Regulator’s powers to prohibit a trustee and to appoint an independent trustee
- Re a Scheme – acting for the Pensions Regulator (as sole counsel) in relation to the use of the Regulator’s powers relating to the administration of a scheme
- Hill v The Pensions Regulator  UKUT 0480 (TCC) – successfully resisting (as sole counsel) a referral to the Upper Tribunal of a decision of the Regulator’s Determinations Panel