Robert Pearce QC
| Silk 2006
| Call 1977
Profile: Court of Protection
Experience and Expertise
Robert Pearce QC has acted in a large number of applications to the Court of Protection concerning settlements of property and statutory wills.
Reported Cases of Note
- Re R (High Court,  WTLR 1051). Terms of statutory Will.
- Re E (High Court,  Ch 364). Conflicting enduring powers of attorney.
Robert Pearce QC is recommended as a leading silk in the Private Client, Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate section of the current edition of The Legal 500 and in the Traditional Chancery section of the current edition of Chambers UK.
Recent directory comments include:
- “He’s very clear, confident and articulate. He is able to break instructions down into various segments and make them much more understandable.” (Chancery: Traditional, Chambers UK, 2017)
- “He is polite and courteous with both clients and the other side.” (Chancery: Traditional UK, Chambers HNW, 2016)
- “One of the most highly sought after silks at the Charity Bar. ‘His advice displays a breadth of vision and he has great experience. When he provides you with advice, you know it’s good and will be pithy and to the point.’ ‘He’s an extremely able and powerful opponent.’ ” (Charities, Chambers UK, 2015)
- “He is very approachable, very clear in explaining the issues and good at drafting.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2015)
- “A real eye for detail.”(Private Client, Trusts and Probate, Legal 500, 2014)
- “Robert Pearce QC stands out for his ‘supremely sound judgment and authority.’ He thrives on cases peppered with difficult technical aspects to them, especially those containing contentious trusts and wills. Solicitors favour him as he ‘creates all-angles summaries of cases of a quality that is hard to beat’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2012)
- “… Robert Pearce QC is extolled for his work across a wide swathe of traditional chancery. All manner of private client issues are handled by this ‘artful and sophisticated practitioner,’ who proves particularly good on trust and tax of trusts matters.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2011)
- “Robert Pearce QC is similarly highly regarded, and maintains an equally wide practice that takes in a wealth of contentious and non-contentious private client work. Sources highly recommend him for his specific expertise in complex trust and trust tax issues. He is known for the fact that ‘he hits the nail on the head with his advice time after time’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2010}
- “Robert Pearce QC ‘has a first-class intellect and is thoughtful and conscientious’.” (Private Client, Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate section, Legal 500, 2009)
- “Robert Pearce QC ‘has a superb reputation’ across a variety of chancery areas, with commentators singling out, in particular, his ‘wonderful attention to detail’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2008)