| Call 2005
Profile: Court of Protection
Experience and Expertise
Wendy is experienced in Court of Protection matters and accepts instructions in relation to contested appointments of deputies, EPAs and LPAs, statutory wills and other matters relating to property and affairs.
Cases and Work of Note
- Drafting a statutory will;
- appearing for an objector in contested proceedings to appoint a deputy;
- acting for a local authority in its application for the cancellation and revocation of an EPA where the attorney was unsuitable. Wendy secured the appointment of a local authority deputy;
- acting for the professional litigation friend of P’s grandchildren in a case where they needed separate representation owing to the contents of the proposed statutory will;
- acting for the Donor in a contested application to register LPAs in respect of Property and Affairs and Health and Welfare;
- acting for the Deputy in a hearing to determine whether interest was payable on costs that had been subject to detailed assessment;
- acting for the Deputy in a hearing to ascertain whether P should remain in a nursing home or return to the family home.